2.22.2013

Kailey's Baby Shower



With the help of Jeff's family, I threw a baby shower for my SIL Kailey a few weekends ago.  Jeffrey's aunt wanted to do a theme with bubbles, so we went with the ever-popular "She's About to POP" theme with bubbles and balloons and  lots, and lots of circles. (Thank you Archiver's for your amazing selection of blue and gray papers and awesome machines that cut circles with ease. Between the two of you, I spent about 2 hours selecting shades and having circles cut....A few less choices may have helped, actually.)

I also made a "Guess When She'll POP" calendar so all could have a shot at guessing the babe's arrival day. And for good fun, I put Kailey through the diaper-changing ringer.  Have you ever changed a diaper blindfolded, while getting squirted with warm water, on the clock? Kailey has! I figured it'd be pretty good prep, considering all the places and ways strange situations I've had to wrangle Sawyer in and out of a diaper within the past year.

In addition to traditional gift-giving, I also punched out little paper circles for everyone to give back to Kailey: one with mommy advice, and the other with a well-wish for her baby boy. I collected them all at the end of the party to turn into a baby mobile so love and good fortunes can hang over his sleepy head every night. 








No comments:

Post a Comment