7.10.2012

Make Something of It



I made something lovely, if I may so myself.  It's re-fab, of course, re-fabulousing is one of my favorite hobbies.  But this re-fab came out of a specific need more so than another frivolous fingers crafty attack episode.  The whole project was inspired by this quote:

"Come what may, and love it."- Joseph B. Wirthlin

It's about accepting life as it comes. Realizing that we can't control everything and therefore our circumstances or our situation or anything, really, might not be quite as we'd like it, but we love find a way to love it.  Love it. Not just take the hit and move on with it, but love the moment, the outcome, the situation and find in that love acceptance.  I think a lot of joy and internal peace comes out of being able to find a way to love whatever happens in life, but I often need the reminder to look for something to love.

So I made the quote real big....(going for the bold and beautiful, can't miss, subtle as a garlic sandwich idea)






Chalkboard Quote

The project is quite simple.  All you need is:
a frame
a thin piece of wood or foam core cut to fit the frame
black chalkboard paint
chalk (I actually used a white chalk pastel, it gives a smoother, fuller line)


Then do this:
Paint the wood or foam core with two coats of chalkboard paint.  LET IT DRY!!
Chalk up your quote of choice.  I found it easiest to play with fonts and print a mock-up that I could follow. I also lightly sketched out space allowances for each line prior to starting in the chalk.

Don't fret about it too much, the beauty of chalkboard art is that you can erase and start over if you mess up.  AND...you can change the quote whenever you'd like.  This makes a gal like me very happy.  Changing decor sure can be a good thing.

Just look at what I've done with this fantastic vintage find:



ah! you've seen this undergo a face lift before, here!



And now, this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment