3.24.2010

What is

So I went in for my 4th treatment today. The good news is that we're halfway done! But the bad news is that we're not really halfway done. I had been thinking that I would receive 8 chemo treatments, then get a PET scan, then possibly receive 4 more chemo treatments if necessary and then radiation if necessary. Today I found out that both the 4 additional chemo treatments and the radiation will be necessary, moving our anticipated finish date from May to late August, hopefully just in time to start school all cancer free.

And I have to get a PET scan now, in addition to one later. I hate getting scans. They stink.

This news was a bit disheartening, and unfortunately cancer will continue to interfere with our lives for the entire summer, which may end up wrecking some delightful plans we were making. But I know that it's all for the best, since all that treatment is proven to kick cancer's butt...(while possibly causing me to have breast cancer later in life, but you know, whatever. I'm being positive right now).

Don't worry though, if they think telling me about all that treatment is finally going to make my hair fall out, they're wrong! It's still in nice and tight for now. And I'm not letting the news get me down, I'm making salmon cakes and going for walks and now...off to bake Easter cookies.

Thanks for the continued prayers and thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment