10.06.2014

To the Beach













It seems that getting to wonderful places can quickly become the most un-wonderful part of a journey, but we live under some pretty magical stars that make even long road trips with toddlers and infants a pleasantry.  My Mama and my babies and I began our much-anticipated  trip to the Outer Banks on Thursday night. Have I mentioned that I love road tripping with my Mama? I just love road tripping with my Mama for same-snacking loving, sing alonging, good conversational, cabin feverish reasons.  We stayed overnight at a hotel in Northern Virginia, lazed away the morning, then picked up our flying family in Norfolk later that night. After another, incredibly well-rested night at a hotel, we finally wound our way down to our perpetual place of happiness.  I say finally only because the destination is so perfect that it's hard to wait for, not because the trip was horribly long. As I mentioned earlier, the two and a half day long trip went over remarkably well with my children.  So much so that for the final hour and a half, my babies slept while the beach paradox of both soothing anticipation and overwhelming calm enveloped Jeffrey and I as much as the fresh, salty air that surrounded us.

Does it sound perfect? Because it certainly felt perfect.

1 comment: