9.01.2014

28 and Lookin' Great





All Jeff ever wants is a simple birthday celebration with steak, green beans, potatoes, and either chocolate chip cookies or yellow cake with chocolate frosting.  Presents are welcome, but he doesn't really ask for anything.  I'm always looking for ways to jazz it up, like give him a birthday week (that's a must for my birthday!), or make chocolate chip cookie cake three layers thick, and while every effort is appreciated, he remains happy Mr. Simple no matter what.

Despite simple wants, he proves to be anything but plain in nature.  He continually surprises me in the ways that grows and changes for the better,  I used to think I was better half - ha- but he is becoming a remarkable man and husband and I have to work hard so I don't get left behind as the dead-weight in this relationship.

Jeff is astonishingly intelligent. Not in a useless facts, full of blah-blah-blah, you all listen while I talk kind of way, but the more enduring and rare kind of intelligence that not only thinks for itself, but processes quickly and can generate original ideas. He'll be so embarrassed (but secretly pleased) that I'm putting this in writing!

Jeffrey's the best kind of man, we all adore him and were more than happy to simply celebrate his special day.




1 comment:

  1. That is SUCH a great picture of you two. And that CAKE! Everytime I see it... I melt!

    ReplyDelete