5.07.2013

Baby See, Baby Do




I left him alone for 45 seconds, possibly less, and during that time he seated himself at the table, unscrewed my foundation, and proceeded to apply it in swirling, sweeping motions to the lower half of his face.  His technique was remarkable! When I found him, I sat and watched him do his jolly work and I was amazed. He even had the mirror out! Jeff would take this as a sign that I either: a). wear too much make-up or b). apply it too often or c). should ban Sawyer from ever playing with my brushes and empty eye-shadow containers....forever!

I take this, however, as an extraordinary tribute to Sawyer's powers of observation.  He's been tuned in to his surroundings since he was a newborn and always watches the world with an inquisitive eye.  It doesn't take much to teach him a new trick, and the converse side of that is, of course, that it doesn't take much for him to learn something he shouldn't.  He's a little sponge! And my heart is happy to see him grow.  Our next big thing is speech, and with eyes and ears like his, we'll have to be extra watchful of what we say and how we say it, not mention carefully selecting our accompanying gestures. Thank goodness we don't swear! But I'd better watch myself when driving....

No comments:

Post a Comment