12.27.2012

Baby's 1st Christmas, Part IV, Nostalgia









Not too far away from Jefferson's childhood home is the oh-so-quaint town of Stillwater (for my peeps, think Chagrin when you read Stillwater). Stillwater offers some of the best antiquing I've ever experienced, and my favorite shop of all has three floors dedicated to beautiful, and kitschy and creepy, things made in yesteryear.  I could have happily walked out of there with a mid-century white leather tufted chair, a stained glass window, an old 8-foot door, a Park Avenue couch, a faux fur capelet, an amethyst ring, and Sawyer's choice: a $500 John Deere tractor toy. Since I never could have gotten it all home, I had to turn my attentions to other forms of nostalgia, and while so doing discovered things like this:


 {some things never change}


 {please note the "scares me the most" category. The other kids had fears of the dark, fears of dogs, but Jeff? At age 6? Chuckie.}

{I also have to add "if I had one wish, I'd like: The world to be a better place." And, "favorite food: carrots." Yeah, he's certainly interesting.}

 {something bad happened to this love affair}

{my favorite! it reads: "Have a wallen (whalin') good time! Happy Mother's Day}

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed myself with all your posts tonight :) thanks for the update! :)

    ReplyDelete