12.20.2012

Baby's 1st Christmas, Part I, Rocking the Christmas Tree


{frantic Christmas tree destruction}

We made it over the river and through the woods to Grandma's house for Christmas. First on the list of things to do: touch every ornament; second: rip every ornament from the tree. Needless to say, we anticipated the third thing to do and moved all the ornaments three feet up the tree. 




Sawyer is beside himself, and way over stimulated, with endless new areas and trinkets and toys to discover.  Aside from the tree, he is quite taken with the dog of the house and her dog food.  He wasted no time sneaking off to her bowl and grabbing fistfuls of kibble, then shoving them into his mouth with remarkable speed and accuracy.  Of course there I was, scrambling to knock the dog food out of his hands and mouth while trying not to gag in complete disgust that my precious treasure was shoveling both dog food AND dog slobber into his sweet, untainted pie hole.  I thought, "I'd rather he eat dirt," which he obliged me by attacking the potted plants several times throughout the vacation. Ah well, now that his palate has expanded, I'd say liver and onions is next on the tasting menu (and it ought to be scrumdidily in comparison).


{he rocks-Sawyer loves tickling the ivories}

1 comment:

  1. Hehehehehe this post had me laughing all the way through! hurray for dog food! haha :)

    ReplyDelete