8.08.2012

To Grandmother's House We Go


We just got back from a trip to Jeffrey's parent's home in Wisconsin! Though it was super fun, I have hardly anything to show of it because apparently, when I start having fun, all thoughts of picture-taking scamper to the dark nooks of my cranium. I'm vowing to overcome that and my new goal is to become an annoyingly good family moments documentarist. 

But, despite my forgetfulness, we were able to capture some highlights from the trip. The first was our Minnesota arts mini-tour.  This modern art cherry sculpture by Claes Oldenburg was in our art history textbooks. And speaking of art history, as part of our mini-tour we got to see the Rembrandt in America exhibit at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. We died.  Seriously, I at least hyperventilated a little bit.  There were 50 Rembrandt, or Rembrandt workshop pieces assembled together, some of which had never been publicly viewed.  Like I said, we died, gasping for air as we went. We could not stop talking about it and we still pinch ourselves to make sure that we really did get up-close and personal views of the famed Rembrandt's "light."

We also visited with Jeffrey's sweet, sweet grandmother who got to meet Sawyer for the first time.  It was a beautiful visit and we hated to leave.  Sawyer was the big ladies' man at her home, he was making eyes and smiling at everyone, and I think every grandma there would have pinched his legs or nibbled his cheeks if we'd let them.




Sawyer really loved making a mess of his grandparent's kitchen. Besides gnawing on corn husks, he also enjoyed Grandma Klis' blueberry muffins....Shamefully enjoyed them, I might add, as you can spot evidence of him stuffing his face full of muffin.






In other news, Sawyer continues to be a rock star plane traveler.  He is ridiculously good at not crying, falling asleep, and generally being pleasant.

Thanks for a wonderful visit Bob and Allison!

No comments:

Post a Comment