3.14.2012

2 months






(ok ok ok, so I couldn't get the landscape pictures to load right and I'm to lazy (read: I'm doing this while the baby sleeps so I really don't feel like eating precious quiet time or energy) to figure out how to fix it...but I just couldn't deprive you of that cute face, so turn your monitor if you must!)

Two months, and here's how Sawyer is measuring up: 14 lbs, 25 in long, and a pretty average sized head that is carrying cute cheeks, ocean blue eyes, and fuzzy copper hair.

My boy is getting so big! He is so long he has to wear 9 month size pants or everyone starts wondering, "hey, where's the flood?". Growing and growing is still sad for me, but I tell myself it means that there is evermore for me to love, and it is really exciting to see how he changes daily.

Other marks of note, Sawyer boy can now sleep 7 hours straight at night! He usually goes for 5 or 6 though, which feels like sleep heaven for me. That is, when I can actually sleep and I'm not waking up and looking at the clock wondering if he silently starving or wasting away after hours of not eating (or waking up feeling like I'm going to explode and start shooting milk everywhere....this nursing thing is a two-edged sword I tell ya).

He smiles! Quite often now, although he hasn't yet given up his signature look of consternation. He's also trying to laugh! It's adorable. He's got it backwards though, instead of pushing air out in a guffaw, he tries to laugh while inhaling, so it ends up sounding and looking like a wheezy smile.

In the motor skills department, he is going to roll over any day now. Frequently he'll tip all the way on his side, only to get stuck by an out-of-place arm or thrown back on his tummy by an ill timed kick. He loves to look and look at the world, so he's always moving his head around. He loves to get in his morning "dance" with nothing but his diaper on, but I'll share more on that later.

As for me, I'm doing great. I love being Sawyer's mama, and I have so much fun taking care of him. I'm continually in awe of the miracle that babies are, and how wonderful and beautiful it is to be mother and care for a little soul. It's definitely the most fulfilling thing I've done in life, and while some day I'll be ready to expand my world again and get back to some things on my to-do list, right now I'm more than content to be sure that Sawyer isn't rubbing his face in his own spit up and double-checking for poopie diapers before stepping out for a walk about town.

1 comment:

  1. He is SO adorable! How the heck did you and Jeff make a blonde baby!? Haha I am so glad he's sleeping at night now! Don't you feel like a new woman? And the pump becomes your best friend in the morning lol. Your boy is too cute- so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete