3.03.2015

The Lakeshore











This brings such a huge smile to my face. We had so much fun at the lakeshore this summer. That's a phrase I never thought I'd say, being a bit of an ocean beach snob. Actually, the fact that I am an ocean beach snob prevented me from calling the man made sandpit dumped on the side of a beautiful lake a, "beach,"  and so, "the lakeshore" became the catch-phrase.  But I'm glad that being a snob didn't keep us from going at all, because thanks to this sandpit and it's hours of easy entertainment, lakeshores are finally endeared to me.

It was helpful that we lived a hop-skipping 5 minutes away from the lake and its shallow water made for an ideal independent play area for Sawyer, while Elouise and I both tried to shovel sand out of her mouth- though she insisted on shoveling it back in, promptly.  When all of us wanted to swim, I simply wrapped Lou up in the Moby, keeping my hands free for Sawyer, and into the water we all went.

But everyone loved the days when Dad got home early from work and joined us at the lake. Those days encouraged more sand digging, more splashing and swimming, and less sand shoveling in and out of Lula's mouth.














1 comment:

  1. These pictures are so wonderful-- they look so classic vintage and lovely. I love this!

    ReplyDelete