7.23.2013

Merry Christmas to All!


And you all had better wish me a good night! Starting sometime around December 24th, the creatures will start stirring and sleep deprivation will start all over again, but I couldn't possibly be more excited about losing sleep. 

Our second baby is well on the way, I'm already at 18 weeks and feeling like someone is most unkindly over-inflating my belly.  I think I've already started to waddle and I know that my belly button popped out WAY early...it showed itself like 6 weeks ago.  I've got all the usual symptoms: heartburn, nausea, exhaustion, trouble sleeping....and a few new ones too.  It's a bit rougher the second time around since I'm chasing after an active toddler, but Jeff has been really helpful and steps in to take over as soon as he gets home.

We're overjoyed about our newest little bundle of joy.  I'm so excited to be having another baby with my midwife team at the birth center since it was such a beautiful and perfect experience with Sawyer.  I really love midwives, I think they deliver very personal and detailed care, focused on doing exactly what I want within the safest, most healthy bounds for me and our baby.  So I'm glad we squeezed that in, because Jeff will be kaput with school in mid-December and then we'll be going wherever we decide is the best job/place for our family.  It will be a quick turn around but it guarantees me a Christmas at our adorable little home!  Everything is going according to my plans....

But more importantly than that, we know that this baby is another special one, and a few months ago we were both overwhelmed by the feeling that we needed to have another baby, and have one very soon.  So here we are, 2 weeks away from finding out if we'll be a family of 3 boys and 1 girl, or even out our ratios to 2 boys and 2 girls.  Care to take a guess at what's coming our way?

5 comments:

  1. This is the best news ever!!!!!!!! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel!!! I'm SO happy for you and your family!!!! You will absolutely LOVE being a mom of two. I am so much more confident and calm with my second! I know pregnancy with a toddler is rough, but hang in there! Can't wait to hear if it's a he or a she!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Rachel! I was just catching up on your blog, and this is FABULOUS news!! I know you are so excited, and I bet Mr.Sawyer will be a great big brother! Congrats again to you and Jeff!!

    ReplyDelete