7.08.2013

Glam Doll Donuts








 
I love doughnuts.  I really have a weakness for fried foods in general, but fried dough-ummm, that's bread, and it's fried- how can I ever resist?  So when rifling through a magazine I stumbled upon this little gem of a review, toasting "Glam Doll Donuts" as retro-chic gourmet doughnuts, I planned a trip to the city to try them.  (I mean come on guys,  fried food + retro + gourmet, did I really have any choice?).

All the sweet dough balls were given pin-up names like "Chart-topper" and "Dark Angel," and were made up of flavor combinations like peanut butter and sriracha, chocolate and bacon, ginger and cinnamon, vanilla and fresh raspberry curd, and salted caramel and dark chocolate.  Jeffrey munched on a cherry cheesecake, Sawyer licked and chewed on a glazed cinnamon, and I sampled several of the aforementioned flavors. Sawyer was so delighted to have a whole doughnut all to himself, he wiggled and laughed in my face and absolutely could not sit still. I was pretty giddy myself, these doughnuts we fabulous! Different not only in flavor combos, but the dough was fried a little longer than usual so the outside edges were crisp, while still leaving a soft, pillowy dough inside.

 I don't know if Jeff would agree, but I know I have Sawyer on my side when I say we need to make a trip back here before we leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment