1.08.2013

Weekend Mirths: The Heart of the Home







We opened our door Saturday morning to discover a giant box full of possibility; Sawyer could hardly stand the wait to discover its insides and promptly commenced standing and stomping on it. Once I opened it up (ummm, maybe I could hardly stand it too, the difference was that I knew what it was-I had been wishing for it for months- and of course, I didn't stomp on it), Sawyer got his little paws on all the styrofoam, and then all the little styrofoam bits got all over his room.  I realized that this was a job for super dad and decided to wait until my trusty handyman came home.

While Jeff assembled, I ran interference until my homeboy and I could absolutely not stand to wait anymore!  Then we tore into the pots and pans and went to work, or er, play, cooking up a storm in the new heart of our home. I pulled together a few old jello boxes and empty spice bottles to hold us over until we can run up to Ikea to get some of these food baskets of delight, but Sawyer doesn't seem to miss them at all.

Thanks for making our dreams come true, Nana! Little chef loves his kitchen, and I love that he can play and cook in a kitchen where he won't get spilled on or burned.

No comments:

Post a Comment