4.02.2012

Weekend Mirths

Sawyer made his first trip to the park this weekend. We ventured out together to take in sunshine and look at all the beautiful blossoms and spring blooms. I munched on an apple, Sawyer slobbered up his monkey, and we giggled and babbled and flailed and snuggled until dad wondered where we were and came out to find us.



We also celebrated Sawyer's birthday, as we have every Friday since he was born. This week it was chocolate frappes and cupcakes from The Cocoa Bean. Jeffrey loves to die by chocolate overload, but I enjoy caramels and the occasional fruity touch to my cupcakes. And I think it's safe to say Sawyer likes whatever I like. I keep a cupcake menu in my diaper bag just in case we decide we'd like an extra sweet treat, because after all, chasing down green monsters gives us room for a treat or two...or three or four.

Finally, and most delicious of all, we spent the weekend watching General Conference as a little family. This was the first conference in our history that Jeff Jeff and I saw all general sessions together which was apropos because the importance of family, family strength and unity, and family time were messages frequently discussed. We love conference. It is always a wonderful opportunity to take note of our personal and spiritual growth over the past 6 months and also a time to learn how to better ourselves, our family, and the world around us. I've got a lot to work on but I know that working to better myself will be a catalyst for all kinds of improvement and strengthening in my life.

2 comments:

  1. He is SO CUTE!! Rach I love looking at your posts! Keep them coming! :) You look beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so adorable!!! You are gorgeous as aways!! Those cupcakes look delicious!! Looks like you are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete