2.15.2012

1 whole month





and just in case you need to smile today:

{with faces like this, he's well on his way to becoming like his mama}

Lucky boy is rounding out his first month of life at about 23 inches long and weighing in at over 11 lbs.

He cries for 3 reasons only: if he's hungry, if he needs something new to stare at, or if he hurts. He's an angel child really and a dream of a first child since his cries always communicate his needs, and the short list of needs makes it easy for us rookies to figure out what to do. So far he's been really patient with us, which is a quality he gets from his daddy, not me. Although, patience is growing on me and I'm learning fast with late night and early morning feedings, projectile poo, and husky baby wails being my teacher.

Over the past 4 weeks, many things have changed, not the least of which includes our growing boy. It seems as though he gets bigger each day! I take that as an excuse to cuddle and hold and rock him every chance I get. He's my itty-bitty snuggler and I eat up his little moments because, if I must be honest, even the sight of clothes for 6 month olds makes me cry and hold him a bit closer. I know he'll be a great man someday, but for now he's little baby Soy Boy.

1 comment: