7.15.2011

The Final Installment

We were out until 3am this morning participating in the wonderful events that encircle a Harry Potter premier. We started with a double feature showing Deathly Hallows Part 1 at 9pm and Deathly Hallows part 2 at 12:01am. Amidst the parade of muggle-dressed ministry workers, Professor Tralawneys, Weird Sister bands, and Dobby the house elves, we waved our wands and sat on the edge of our seats waiting for the final end of saga that began when I was 12. Two massive sodas, one large jug of popcorn, a box of dots, and a bag of raisinettes later, I was fit to burst but quite content with the way things all turned out. Until I had to get up for work this morning. And until I realized that the movie was the end of an era. I'm feeling a bit sad today, despite my contentedness, and I'm not sure whether to resist the urge to run to the library and check out books 1-7 and re-read them (or re-re-re-read them) or just let the dust settle.

Either way, we'll be trying to recover from the excitement all weekend long, drinking butterbeer, and if I can possibly stand another kernel of popcorn, I'll be making this homemade kettle corn recipe.

Try these butterbeer recipes to keep your HP spirits up:
food network
Butterbeer cupcakes
Mugglenet Butterbeer
Wizarding World of HP Top 5 recipes

I hope you all have a great weekend! Go out and fight the HP crowds-it's worth it.

P.S.-we were so glad we did the double feature! Double the fun and when we walked into the theatre at 7pm we were seated right away, while hundreds upon hundreds (we're talking A LOT of people!!) were already lined up waiting. They must have been there for over 8 hours! When did you get in line? Were you able to get a good seat? Did you use any special techniques to secure your spot?

2 comments:

  1. You are so right. I pretty much felt my childhood slip from my fingers and come to end along with that movie. I woke up the next morning and suddenly realized it was adult time. Bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel I need to talk to Jeff, have him call me 817-488-1085.

    ReplyDelete