3.10.2011

Hey Mister

Can I just tell you about this guy for one second? I could, of course, take much longer than a second, but Jeff will already be upset with me for that one measley second so I have to move fast.

This guy gets up at 4:45am every Tuesday and Thursday to take a 1 hour bus ride into the city where he works. He then gets off work at 4pm, rides the bus back for another hour, and walks himself home from the bus walk, it's at least a mile-long walk. He does all in the attire you see above. He comes home a little rumply, and sometimes tired, always very hungry, but you know what, he rarely complains. In fact, he may never complain. The closest he comes to complaining is when he bemoans all those lucky people who don't have to work over 20 hours a week and go to school, or when he begrudgingly pulls out his books for the first available opportunity to do homework that day and it's already 7 at night. And then he grinds his way through arduous and endless math problems, refusing to give up on a major that is infamous in its difficulty. He works so hard. I've always loved and respected that about him. He does whatever it takes to take care of us and to make me happy, and I can't help but love that too.

So when he came home the other day and the sweet little neighbor girls, seeing him all dressed up, asked, "Are you dating Rachel?" I smiled to myself and thanked God that no, he's not just dating me, he's my husband.


Love you Jeff :)

1 comment:

  1. I love Mister Jeff too :) He makes this mama proud and comforted knowing that her favorite "Rachel" is in such good hands!

    ReplyDelete