12.07.2009

Merry Weekend Mirths

Celebrations from the first weekend of Christmas month!

It snowed! And suddenly even our grimy street was beautiful.
{the Klis residence, street view}
We also took the first step toward family traditions and bought our first Christmas tree on this weekend! It was freezing cold, and had just started to snow, but we loaded up in my brother-in-law's truck and went searching for a tree. A real tree. I can't abide the fake ones. No sir, not in my house. But sadly we had to buy a pre-cut tree rather than timber one down ourselves, because as Jeffrey kept saying, "They just don't have trees in Utah! I mean, there's a tree farm in my yard back home!" (I thought to myself, "Yeah well I have like 10 tree farms within a 10 mile radius back at my home. And they give you hot chocolate. And it's not -10000 degrees outside at my home, and they put lights up on the town square, and a nativity scene, and they usually leave that nativity scene up through February"....there's no place like home :))
{the tree that Jeffrey wanted, a thin little thing}
{the tree that I wanted, a plump little delight}
{Jeffrey's tree, the tree that won a home}
{and, dare I say, our hearts??}
Once we got the tree into our house, it was perfect. Just the right size: good height so it doesn't look too Charlie Brownish, good width so it doesn't block our entrance to the kitchen. Now all it needs is some suitable ornamentation, oh and a tree stand...aparently cups and pitchers weren't made for this sort of thing.
Christmas is on it's way!

No comments:

Post a Comment